Project Timeline and FAQs
Download the PDF* version of the above Graphic Schedule from here
(PDF* Know more)
The Steering Committee will guide/inform the development of the Eastway Regional Recreation Center by serving as a liaison and voice for the broader community. Members will participate in a series of working meetings over the two-year life of the project. The Steering Committee is comprised of representatives from:
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation
- City of Charlotte Planning
- International House
- Carolina Cardinals Optimist Club
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Libraries
- Charlotte Ballet Dance
- Arts & Science Council
- Partners for Parks
- Cross Charlotte Trail
- City of Charlotte Engineering
- Mecklenburg County Health Department
- Charlotte Department of Transportation
- Charlotte Area Transit System
- Mecklenburg County Community Engagement
- Novant Health
- City of Charlotte Neighborhood Business Services
- Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Commission
- Mecklenburg County North Region Advisory Council
- Plaza Eastway Partners
- Mecklenburg County Aquatics Advisory Council
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
Steering Committee Objective
- Assist the Design Team establish a preferred development program for the center within a $40 million-dollar budget.
- Respond to demographic and community findings.
- Meet program requirements of Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation.
- Build off the work of stakeholders.
- Give strategic direction.
1st Steering Committee Meeting - May 2017